The World Bank is looking for a Senior Economist to work on forced displacement in collaboration with the Joint Data Center on forced Displacement (JDC) based in Copenhagen with a term duration of 3 years.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Economist will report to the JDC Manager / Deputy Manager. (S)he will be part of the JDC team that is responsible for delivering the agreed JDC work program, with quality, timeliness, and relevance.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop effective relationships with relevant departments in WBG and UNHCR;
- Make substantive technical contributions to the forced displacement data agenda, at normative level and/or in individual tasks;
- Manage the outsourcing of data collection efforts or other similar tasks, including by ensuring consistency across products, quality, timeliness, and an optimal use of financial resources;
- Provide capacity building support to client institution;
- Contribute to, and/or lead the delivery of high-profile analytical products;
- Represent the JDC in technical fora, workshops, conferences, etc.;
- Develop effective partnerships with other relevant stakeholders;
- Any other assignment as may be required by the Manager / Deputy Manager
- PhD in Economics or related discipline with at least 8 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience, including in the use of microdata in policy analysis, and peer reviewed publications;
- Strategic sense, and demonstrated experience in ensuring the operational relevance of analytical and/or research work;
- Solid understanding of forced displacement-related issues;
- Ability to develop partnerships and effective working relationships across institutional boundaries;
- Drive, proven sense of initiative, results orientation, flexibility, leadership qualities, as well as effective teamwork skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of STATA and other relevant software;
- Ability to work flexibly, creatively and to multitask as the need arises.
- A high degree of self-motivation, positive attitude and drive; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.