- Organisme recruteur : University of Florida – Sahel Research Group(SRG)
- Contact : Prof. Leonardo Villalón, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Date limite : 04/03/2019
- Plus de détails : ici
The Sahel Research Group (SRG) of the Center for African Studies at the University of Florida invites applications for a three-year postdoctoral associate in the social sciences with expertise in the countries of the Sahel. The SRG brings together an inter disciplinary team of scholars and graduate students with research interests in the Sahel, and strongly committed to working collaboratively with colleagues in the region.
We seek a dynamic scholar in a social science or closely related field, with a strong research focus on the contemporary socio-political or economic dynamics of one or more of the countries of the Francophone Sahel: Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso and Chad. We seek a colleague with a demonstrated commitment to academic research on the region, as well as a willingness and strong potential to engage with the policy community.
The appointment will include a 50% effort assignment to the postdoctoral associate’s own research and publication agenda, as well as a50% assignment to coordinating and facilitating the collaborative activities of the SRG, including support for visiting scholars, conferences/workshops, grant writing, publications and social media presence. Depending on interest, there may be possibilities for teaching, as well as significant opportunities to propose creative initiatives and collaborative projects.
- A PhD in an appropriate field
- Significant research experience on and in the Sahel, including substantive fieldwork
- A record of—and/or significant promise for—publication on the region. • Strong language skills, including fluency in both French and English • Strong organizational and technical skills
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a highly collegial team.
Please send the following materials to Prof. Leonardo Villalón, at email@example.com:
- a current CV
- a letter of application explaining research agenda, qualifications, and interest in the position
- the names and contact information of three referees who would be willing to write letters or provide oral references if contacted.
- A writing sample of an article or chapter related to the Sahel
For full consideration all materials should be received by Monday 4 March 2019.
This will be a twelve-month appointment, renewable annually for up to three years pending satisfactory performance. The position will include opportunities for travel and flexibility for fieldwork. Anticipated start date: 15 August 2019.