- Application deadline: 16/08/2019
- Start date: By 1/11/2019
- The project is led by Professor Claudia Aradau in the Department of War Studies
- Page source : http://cpa.uab.cat/index.php/en/news-eng/445-call-for-applications-for-two-postdoctoral-positions-and-two-phd-scholarships-in-erc-funded-project-on-migration-and-democratic-diffusion-2
- Description and details of how to apply are available: https://bit.ly/2KLc5ZE
- Duration: 3 years
- Candidate profile: candidates with experience in ethnographic methods, and in critical security studies/border studies/science and technology studies.
The Department of War Studies is seeking two Postdoctoral Research Associates to work with Professor Claudia Aradau on a European Research Council Consolidator Grant SECURITY FLOWS (‘Enacting border security in the digital age: Political lives of data forms, flows and frictions’). The project analyses the epistemic, political, practical and ethical implications of the increased production of data and data analytics for border security. It proposes to develop a systematic and innovative analysis of how data is generated in border encounters, how it circulates among actors and how it shapes the knowledge and practices of border security and non-governmental actors, and migrants themselves. The empirical research will focus on selected sites across the Central, Eastern and Western European migration routes. The two Postdoctoral Research Associates will work with the Principal Investigator to support the achievement of project objectives. They will be involved in refining the theoretical framework, conducting empirical research, contributing to project publications, and disseminating finding to a variety of publics. There will be opportunities to develop their own interests as part of the project.