- Date: 14-15 novembre 2019
- Lieu : Centre for Social Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
- Focus : methodological, conceptual, and ethical issues issues in designing surveys on Roma populations
- site web : http://ethmigsurveydatahub.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/CA16111_CALL-3rd-TRAINING-SCHOOL.pdf
We invite applications for participation (with and without financial support) in the 3rd ETHMIGSURVEYDATA network Training School. As part of the COST Action CA16111 “International Ethnic and Immigrant Minorities’ Survey Data Network” (ETHMIGSURVEYDATA), the 3rd Training School seeks to train a new generation of researchers interested in Ethnic and Migrant Minorities’ (EMM) integration with survey data by offering them the tools to design surveys on ethnic minorities or migrant minorities. The sessions will focus on methodological, conceptual, and ethical issues issues in designing surveys on Roma populations, in particular. Trainees interested in issues regarding new and innovative ways of sampling hard-to-reach EMM groups may also benefit from attending this Training School.
COST Action CA16111 (International Ethnic and Immigrant Minorities’ Survey Data Network, ETHMIGSURVEYDATA), Centre for Social Sciences, Budapest, Hungary (Local Organiser)
Thursday, November 14th and Friday, November 15th, 2019
- Applications and financial support
Applications should include (in a single PDF file):
(1) A motivation letter of approximately 2 pages (between 800 – 1500 words). The letter should provide a short description of the applicant’s background (education, employment, areas of interest, prior experience with ethnic and migrant minorities surveys or topics) and it should state the importance of the Training School for the applicant’s work/research.
(2) Academic CV.
(3) If you request financial support, please include your current institutional affiliation, the country of your institution, and an estimate of the cost of the travel expenses (only for transportation, not for accommodation and meals).
Applications must be sent (as a single PDF document) by 30 September 2019, 12:00 noon (CET) to: Paula Tufis (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Alina Thiemann (email@example.com), with the following subject line: COST Training School Application.
Please refer to the full document of the call for applications for all details about training content, trainers, timetable and details of financial support: http://ethmigsurveydatahub.eu/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/CA16111_CALL-3rd-TRAINING-SCHOOL.pdf