Middlesex University is looking for an experienced and committed Research Fellow to join the UK Research Innovation (UKRI) Gender, Justice and Security Hub. Specifically, the Post-Doctoral Research Fellow will contribute to the development and implementation of a programme of work relating to three projects on gendered aspects of migration and displacement in the Global South.
The UKRI Gender, Justice and Security Hub, led by London School of Economics Centre for Women, Peace and Security, is a network of academic and Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) partners in Africa, Middle East, South Asia and South America. Middlesex University co-directing research for the stream on migration and displacement, which will be conducted in selected countries in the Middle East and South Asia. The post involves working with the Co-Director and Co-Investigators in the UK and partners in the Middle East in undertaking analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and a range of dissemination activities as part of the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) Hub.
- You will have a PhD in Gender and Migration, Gender and Development or a related subject, or be close to submitting your PhD thesis
- Have prior experience in producing high-quality research
- You should have experience of working within the area of gender and migration and/or gender and development, especially in the Middle East
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and presentational skills
- Preferably, you should have some prior experience of working with diverse international partners