The « Premiers Pas » (First Steps) project aims at shedding light on undocumented immigrants’ access to public insurance schemes and health care from socio-anthropologic and economics approaches. It has been funded and supported by the National Research Agency. The economic approach includes the collection of a survey of 1200 undocumented immigrants in Paris and Bordeaux, and the production of a panel of administrative data from the State Medical Assistance, enabling to follow the insured and their healthcare consumption.
Bordeaux Population Health (Bordeaux University, Inserm UMR 1219) and Institute for Research and Documentation in Health Economics (IRDES) are seeking to employ a Postdoctoral Research Fellow on a one year fixed- term contract for research in the area of migration and health insurance.
The successful candidate will work as part of the economics research team working on the Premiers Pas project. The economists’ team pertains to IRDES, Paris Dauphine University, and BPH (Bordeaux).
The postdoctoral fellow will investigate the dynamics of undocumented immigrants’ trajectories regarding coverage by state funded scheme, non-coverage, means tested public health cover and Public Insurance, and related health care consumption. Empirical work will be based on the administrative panel sample data, but a secondary work could make use of the survey data, depending on the appointee’ interests. The appointee will be involved as a key team member in several stages of this research, including:
- Analysis of microdata from administrative panel data
- Writing up of analysis for articles and reports
- Co-presenting research at conferences
The economics research team consists of Jerome Wittwer (BH, Project leader), Paul Dourgnon (IRDES), Florence Jusot (Université Paris Dauphine)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in Economics with a focus on Health Economics and/or Health Policy Analysis;
- Research interest and knowledge in the area of policy analysis;
- An experience in migrants’ studies will be an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills
- Language skills: capacity to write and publish in English; fluency in French will be an advantage (regulatory documents and public reports are in French);
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact within a multidisciplinary team
Duration, location and salary
12 months fixed-term contract, from October 1st 2019 or later, net salary will in the range €1800-2000 according to skills and experience.
The appointee will be based at IRDES, 117bis rue Manin, Paris.
To apply for this position please send cv and application letter to email@example.com with 1PAS-2019 as email subject. If you need more information do not hesitate to contact the project leaders at same email address.
For more information: here