Title: Data and Economic Analysis Intern
Duty Station: Copenhagen, Denmark
Duration of internship: 6 months
Application deadline: 2 June 2020 Midnight
Expected start date: To be confirmed, contingent upon development of COVID-19
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering a Data and Economic Analysis Internship within the World Bank – UNHCR Joint Data Center on Forced Displacement (JDC) in Copenhagen Headquarters in Denmark.
Minimum qualifications required
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree equivalent or higher in a subject such as Economics, Political Sciences, International Studies, Health Studies or similar, with a proven quantitative focus; or in the field of Statistics or Quantitative Methods;
- Have a demonstrated knowledge on handling microdata-sets and familiarity with econometric and impact evaluation methods;
- Have a good command of statistical packages, such as Stata, or R;
- Have a demonstrated interest in refugee issues and/or experience working in this area;
- Display full command of written and oral English, including strong drafting skills;
- Have excellent research skills;
- Be able to work well independently as well as in an intercultural team; and
- Be available to work full time (40 hours) throughout the duration of the internship.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of French or Spanish;
- Knowledge of Geocoding and Spatial Data Analysis Software;
- Previous experience in research activities and drafting of dissemination products (reports, policy briefs, data summaries, etc.);
- and Previous working experience on forced displacement and development issue
In order to be considered for an internship, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a recent graduate (those persons who completed their studies within one year of applying) or current student in a graduate school programme from a university or higher education facility accredited by UNESCO.
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies in a field relevant or of interest to work of the Organization.
- An individual whose father, mother, son, daughter, brother or sister is a staff member of UNHCR, including a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, is not eligible for an internship.
For further information:
Domenico Tabasso: firstname.lastname@example.org