- Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences
- Type of employment: Contract of limited duration
- Term of assignment: [[18 months]]
- Wage scale: PD1 to PD4 (doctoral degree)
About Ghent University
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
Scientific support for three research projects on psychosocial wellbeing of young newcomers and victims of sexual violence
- RefugeesWellSchool: Support of the coordination of the Refugees-WellSchool project (H2020 project), analysis of the quantitative and qualitative data and writing of publications, communication and dissemination of the findings.
- InHere project: Support of the InHere project on safe reporting of undocumented women who are victims of sexual violence
- Enabel projects DRCongo & Senegal: Support of two projects of “Enabel” on care for victims of sexual violence in the Democratic Republic of Congo and in Senegal: analysis and writing publications on collected data on sexual violence and support of writing care protocols for this group.
What we are looking for
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate in social sciences
- You have experience with quantitative and/or qualitative research in migration, psychosocial wellbeing and/or victims of sexual violence
- You have very good English speaking, reading and writing skills
- You have good to very good French speaking, reading and writing skills
- You have experience with scientific publications
- You have good presentation and communication skills
- You are a team player
- You are prepared to occasionally travel to DRCongo and Senegal
- You take part in the activities of the Department of Social Work and Social Pedagogy and of CESSMIR.
Apply before the August 8th 2020, 23:59 (Brussels Time) on the e-recruitment system.